Monday, October 12, 2009

Baptisms and revelations



Sunday I attended my first ever Catholic mass. (to capatalize or not to capatalize Mass?? that is the question... okay let's capitalize it) Sunday I attended my first ever Catholic Mass. (okay that looks better!) Anyway. I realized that I could never be Catholic. To strict and rigid for me. To much tradition just for the sake of tradition. Not really my style but regardless of that fact this particular mass, October 11th, 2009 at oh let's say 1145 in the morning/early afternoon I learned something (or perhaps just finally remembered) something quite profound. I could probably go on for pages and pages elaborating and explaining the importance and grand meaning of this early morning revelation but for now will just let the idea and the greater question stand on it's on.


The question that we all too often ask ourselves is "What can God do for me?" when really the question that we should be asking is "What can I do for God?"

No comments: