Monday, March 21, 2011

teepees and such

What was on my agenda this past weekend?
Got the chance to spend a little time with an old friend who was in town for a couple days and finally got to meet her adorable baby!
Pizza and a movie with David. Though I didn't even make it fifteen minutes in and passed out before ten on a friday night. (Yes I know I am sounding old and very lame!)
A little Saturday afternoon shopping at Kohls. Lot's of cute purchases made even better by the fact that I still had my $50 gift card from Christmas! (thanks babe)
David and I went to see "Red Riding Hood". Okay movie... not sure it was worth the $10 but atleast we saved on snacks by sneaking in our own in my giant purse.
On Sunday I made the boyfriend accompany me on a little trip to Home Depot and then elected him my official teepee building assistant. Trying to stay true to my promise - to go above and beyond the minimum required in life - I wanted to build a teepee to enhance the playground at work. And though I am pretty sure I broke the "rules" in the process... purchasing supplies with my own money and working on work related projects off the clock... I succeeded in making one badass little teepee out of pvc pipe, a canvas drop cloth. string, and some shower curtain rings.
To every geeks pure horror (including my boyfriend's), sunday night, at the ripe old age of 28, I finally completed watching the entire Star Wars series. And you know what? The movies weren't nearly as horrible as I thought they would be!

1 comment:

TheMcMurryFamily said...

I wanta see a picture of this tee pee...lol sounds cute