Saturday, December 13, 2008

Good? Bad? Definately Cheap.

I managed to drag the hubby out Christmas shopping with me today. (Which was quite a feat in itself.) So while buying presents for others I decided to treat myself with a little present too! Tis the season for giving and all but what's wrong with just a little "getting" amongst all of that giving? Right? Anyway. Back on topic. I wanted a new pair of pajama pants from Old Navy. Just the other week Old Navy had all pajama bottoms on sale for $10, so I want in there planning on spending only $10. Problem was they weren't on sale anymore for ten but rather were full price at fifteen. Yeah, yeah that's only a five dollar difference but hey five dollars is five dollars. Well I quickly realized that the pajama pants in the girls section were still on sale for ten. And yes I do mean the little girls section. So here was my dilemma- pay fifteen dollars and walk out with my dignity?. (What 26 year old woman shops for clothes in the little girls section?) Or do I save the five extra dollars, tell the clerk they're a present for my younger cousin, then secretly take the home and wear them myself?

Needless to say I am now the proud owner of some very cute size XL GIRLS pajama pants and my bank account balance is $5 higher because of my cheapness. Dignity be damned!!!

No comments: