Saturday, December 20, 2008

Apart for X-mas :(

Leave it to the Navy to screw up my holiday plans!! Brian didn't put in to take leave over the holiday weekend so now as a result he gets to have duty the week of Christmas and the following weekend. Port and Starboard duty- which means he's on duty every other night. "Duty" only means he has to call in that morning and check in but he could possibly get called to come in which means he's not allowed but so many miles from base and since North Carolina is just over 400 miles away... looks like, for Brian atleast, North Carolina is a no go. I however am still planning on going to the good old NC for Christmas. Considering that my dad's mom just passed away a few months ago and my two remaining grandparents aren't in the best of health I just feel like I need to be there for Christmas. I've never had a Christmas outside of North Carolina... it just wouldn't seem like Christmas if I wasn't there. In 2005 Brian got home 5 days before Christmas. In 2006 he was on the USS Mason in the Persian Gulf. Last year he was home and we actually got to spend Christmas in North Carolina together. But it looks like this year we'll be spending the holiday apart again. I'll be chilling with my family in the lovely little town of Salisbury and Brian will be here in Jax having lunch with his bike club and going to the movies with his friend Stu. Sounds like his Christmas is going to be a blast. So thanks again to the USN- they sure know how to make the holiday season fantastic.


Pics from our last Christmas spent apart. The first pic is Brian helping decorate the shop he worked in on the ship. The second is when he called me and I opened his presents for him and told him what they were. It was Christmas eve for me but already Christmas in the Persian Gulf where he was at. The third picture I took to send him on Christmas day. (Wow. Just ignore the crazy red eyes I'm sporting. )

No comments: