Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dear Mayson Pearl,

One day when you are older and capable of simple math equations I'm sure you are going to be asking a few questions. You'll take the day that  your dad and I had our first date, November 21st and the date that your dad and I got married July 4th and realize that less than 8 months separate them. You might also be able to calculate that according to your birthdate your mommy would have been 5 months pregnant on her official wedding day. And that when you were born your mom and dad hadn't even known each other for an entire year yet! And that little Miss Mayson is definitely not the most flattering math, lol.
Although once you are old enough to understand what all the numbers mean I hope that what will stand out to you most is that mommy was 29 when all of these numbers happened and not 16, lol! And I hope that you will always know that, you our dearest Mayson Pearl, are the best suprise that we ever recieved!!
I never want to hide from you or anyone else the facts surronding your coming to be. My greatest fear is that you will suffer or be made to feel like you were a mistake or other unwanted baby.
The truth behind the numbers is that I had always been on the pill until that fateful doctor's appointment when my doctor decided that my bloodpressure was too high to continue with that method of birth control. We decided that the depo shot was the next best option for me but I needed to wait until my next cycle to start. The flaw in this plan turned out to be that your mommy and daddy decided to only use additional protection the week that mommy "thought" she would ovulate. God, fate, chance, the best of luck, or whatever took that choice and made you. And suprisingly your dad and I have never looked back to that moment and wished that we had done anything different. From the very moment we found out that you existed we haven't felt anything but excited and happy that you were going to be ours. No matter what the numbers may say we feel blessed!! Your mommy has never been one for math or numbers anyway. I'll take how my heart feels about you over those silly numbers anyday :)

No comments: