Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One less Elizabeth...

In 2003 the world lost an Elizabeth Readling. I got married, and become a Matthews. Today the world lost another Elizabeth Readling. My grandmother and namesake past away. I'm not exactly sure how I feel right now. I'm sad and upset but at the same time relieved that atleast now her fight is over, she's at peace now. No one can ever say that my grandmother didn't "fight the good fight." She was one tough cookie, the original Elizabeth Readling. She survived cancer, numerous heart attacks and a stroke. And through it all she always kept her faith. I remember every friday when I'd spend the night with her she would always say the Lord's Prayer before she went to sleep... every friday with no fail it would always be the same thing... so this one's for you grandma...
"Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
to kingdom come,
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil,
for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever.
Amen."

No comments: